Data Architects serve as a bridge between developer and analyst. They are responsible for analyzing incoming data to identify critical information and develop requirements to make it accessible to the end analyst.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance.
About Data Works
Data Works is an employee-focused small company that supports the Intelligence Community by providing Big Data and Cyber Security solutions. We favor a high quality workforce over aggressive growth and provide opportunities on programs that fill mission-critical needs. Our core competency is in the technical stack between data collection and analysis. Positions are available in various customer locations between McLean and Dulles in Virginia.
Our data architects are primarily responsible for designing and maintaining an enterprise-class data model. As part of this effort, they also reverse engineer complex new datasets, providing documentation to developers instructing how to map these new datasets to the existing model. The architects constantly interact with both ETL developers and end users data analysts to share knowledge, collect feedback, and provide additional implementation requirements.
- In-depth experience with relational databases, including common design and principles and how to interact with them using SQL
- Strong understanding of various other data storage, transfer, and exploitation technologies.
- Development background is encouraged as it assists in constructing implementation requirements.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and an attention to detail
- Relevant subject matter expertise and analytic mindset is extremely valuable.
- 6 weeks PTO
- Paid Overtime
- Annual Bonuses
- 10% Employer 401k Contribution
- Health/Vision/Dental/Disability/Life Insurance
- Annual Training and Tuition Budgets
- Technology/Fitness/Communications Reimbursement
- Charity Matching Program