DevOps Engineers are responsible for enabling agile big-data systems by utilizing a wide array of technical skills. This versatile role involves integrating virtual and cloud infrastructure, developing and customizing a mixture of third-party and home-grown software, and scripting data center automation.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance.
About Data Works
Data Works is an employee-focused small company that supports the Intelligence Community by providing Big Data and Cyber Security solutions. We favor a high quality workforce over aggressive growth and provide opportunities on programs that fill mission-critical needs. Our core competency is in the technical stack between data collection and analysis. Positions are available in various customer locations between McLean and Dulles in Virginia.
Our DevOps Engineers are responsible for the full life cycle of mission-critical applications distributed across multiple networks and serving various customer groups. Engineers help build the system from the ground up, procuring and integrating physical and cloud infrastructure. Next, they install and integrate the operating system with all necessary custom and third-party software. Finally, they interact daily with development and ETL teams to enhance and sustain operations in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Development experience with Java, C++, Scala, Groovy, Python, and/or shell scripting
- Ability to administer UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Experience with distributed computing technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and Apache Spark preferred
- Experience with data warehousing tools and technologies
- Developer mindset with a focus on automating deployments/changes to large-scale clusters
- Strong communication skills and the desire to work in a loosely structured and fast-paced environment
- 6 weeks PTO
- Paid Overtime
- Annual Bonuses
- 10% Employer 401k Contribution
- Health/Vision/Dental/Disability/Life Insurance
- Annual Training and Tuition Budgets
- Technology/Fitness/Communications Reimbursement
- Charity Matching Program