Data Works is seeking entry level software developers interested in Big Data, Application development, and Data Warehousing technologies.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
About Data Works
Data Works is an employee-focused small company that supports the Intelligence Community by providing Big Data and Cyber Security solutions. We favor a high quality workforce over aggressive growth and provide opportunities on programs that fill mission-critical needs. Our core competency is in the technical stack between data collection and analysis. Positions are available in various customer locations between McLean and Dulles in Virginia.
Data Works has a growing need for entry level software developers to help support our many projects. Areas of focus include Big Data, Application development, and Data Warehousing technologies. Applicants should have demonstrated knowledge of core Java development concepts, test-driven-development methodology, and development-related tooling such as IDE, build, source control and test applications.
- Ability to obtain Government security clearance – must be a US citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or IT field
- 1-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Java and object oriented programming
- Experience with C/C++, Scala, Groovy, Python, and/or shell scripting a plus
- Experience with distributed computing technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and Apache Spark a plus
- AWS experience a plus
- 6 weeks PTO
- Paid Overtime
- Annual Bonuses
- 10% Employer 401k Contribution
- Health/Vision/Dental/Disability/Life Insurance
- Annual Training and Tuition Budgets
- Technology/Fitness/Communications Reimbursement
- Charity Matching Program