Data Works is looking for senior Big Data Engineers able to lead the way in tackling the most difficult engineering challenges in Big Data systems.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance.
About Data Works
Data Works is an employee-focused small company that supports the Intelligence Community by providing Big Data and Cyber Security solutions. We favor a high quality workforce over aggressive growth and provide opportunities on programs that fill mission-critical needs. Our core competency is in the technical stack between data collection and analysis. Positions are available in various customer locations between McLean and Dulles in Virginia.
Data Works is seeking a Big Data Engineer with demonstrated experience in leading large scale data warehousing projects. A successful candidate will be strong in Map Reduce, Java, and possess an understanding of data science concepts such as machine learning and trend analysis. Candidate should also be familiar with indexing products such as Lucene and Elasticsearch. Relevant certifications considered but not required.
- Experience with distributed computing technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Apache Spark and Greenplum
- Development experience with Java, C++, Scala, Groovy, Python, and/or shell scripting
- Experience with data warehousing tools and technologies
- Ability to work within UNIX/Linux operating systems
- AWS experience a plus
- 6 weeks PTO
- Paid Overtime
- Annual Bonuses
- 10% Employer 401k Contribution
- Health/Vision/Dental/Disability/Life Insurance
- Annual Training and Tuition Budgets
- Technology/Fitness/Communications Reimbursement
- Charity Matching Program