Database Developers are responsible for building the foundation of our big data systems. They ensure data availability, consistency and performance meet the needs of analysts and applications.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance.
About Data Works
Data Works is an employee-focused small company that supports the Intelligence Community by providing Big Data and Cyber Security solutions. We favor a high quality workforce over aggressive growth and provide opportunities on programs that fill mission-critical needs. Our core competency is in the technical stack between data collection and analysis. Positions are available in various customer locations between McLean and Dulles in Virginia.
Database Developers are responsible for architecting, building, maintaining, and tuning various multi-terabyte database instances serving multiple customers and applications. DBAs are expected to perform logical and physical data modeling with an emphasis on performance, backup and recovery, capacity planning and user account administration. DBAs also have the opportunity to work with analytical and investigative tools to enable development of knowledge engineering systems that include link, pattern, and temporal analysis functions.
- Strong knowledge of the theory, concepts, and practical application of databases in general as well as a deep understanding of the Oracle RDBMS
- Experience architecting and implementing Oracle high availability products such as Real Application Clusters and Data Guard
- Experience with distributed computing technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Apache Spark and Greenplum a plus
- AWS experience a plus
- Strong communication skills and the desire to work in a loosely structured and fast-paced environment
- 6 weeks PTO
- Paid Overtime
- Annual Bonuses
- 10% Employer 401k Contribution
- Health/Vision/Dental/Disability/Life Insurance
- Annual Training and Tuition Budgets
- Technology/Fitness/Communications Reimbursement
- Charity Matching Program