Application Developers are responsible for building, maintaining, and administering mission critical web applications serving varied customers groups.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance.
About Data Works
Data Works is an employee-focused small company that supports the Intelligence Community by providing Big Data and Cyber Security solutions. We favor a high quality workforce over aggressive growth and provide opportunities on programs that fill mission-critical needs. Our core competency is in the technical stack between data collection and analysis. Positions are available in various customer locations between McLean and Dulles in Virginia.
Our Application Developers are responsible for building, maintaining, and administering mission critical web applications distributed across multiple networks and serving varied customers groups. Developers work on small projects teams and are expected to contribute across the application stack to architect, design, and develop new system modules and capabilities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Strong full-stack developer
- Web application development experience
- Experience with Java, Spring and Hibernate preferred
- Experience with distributed computing technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and Apache Spark a plus
- AWS experience a plus
- Strong communication skills and the desire to work in a loosely structured and fast-paced environment
- 6 weeks PTO
- Paid Overtime
- Annual Bonuses
- 10% Employer 401k Contribution
- Health/Vision/Dental/Disability/Life Insurance
- Annual Training and Tuition Budgets
- Technology/Fitness/Communications Reimbursement
- Charity Matching Program