Data Works is looking for top-tier developers responsible for data extraction, transformation and load (ETL) in support of large-scale analytical, application and database systems.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance.
About Data Works
Data Works is an employee-focused small company that supports the Intelligence Community by providing Big Data and Cyber Security solutions. We favor a high quality workforce over aggressive growth and provide opportunities on programs that fill mission-critical needs. Our core competency is in the technical stack between data collection and analysis. Positions are available in various customer locations between McLean and Dulles in Virginia.
We’re looking for ETL developers to support one of our many Big Data projects within the Intelligence Community. Developers will be responsible for transforming massive, regularly changing data feeds into different formats using a variety of technologies. Must have experience analyzing and processing structured or unstructured data sets. Looking for candidates with a broad technical background able to design and implement solutions to overcome some of the many challenges associated with this type of work.
- Excellent understanding of database fundamentals – SQL, database design, and modeling principles
- Experience with data warehousing tools and technologies
- Development experience with Java, C++, Scala, Groovy, Python, and/or shell scripting
- Experience using ETL tools such as Pentaho, NiFi, Informatica, DataStage, Talend or equivalent tool preferred
- Experience with distributed computing technologies including Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and Apache Spark a plus
- AWS experience a plus
- Ability to work within UNIX/Linux operating systems
- 6 weeks PTO
- Paid Overtime
- Annual Bonuses
- 10% Employer 401k Contribution
- Health/Vision/Dental/Disability/Life Insurance
- Annual Training and Tuition Budgets
- Technology/Fitness/Communications Reimbursement
- Charity Matching Program